Not what you were looking for? Try Google Search:

Starin' Through My Rearview ...

Thanks, Scotiabank! If it wasn't for Scotia I wouldn't be the same person that I am today. Also, because of Scotia I was able to do many things that otherwise would have been impossible (like this blog!)

I worked at Scotia from August 2004 to August 2005 as a Business Analyst in its Toronto Headquarters and it was such a rewarding experience. Put simply, Scotia put some cash in my pocket and made me a man.

But it's not all about the money. Looking back, not only did I get to experience the often-talked-about-in-school, "real world", but I met some very interesting people and made some wonderful friends.

Putting my money where my mouth is, is one of the most important things I was able to do after Scotia. I have been telling people that they should invest their money - and not just let it sit in the bank - for a long time now but never did it myself on a large scale.

Thanks to Scotia, I invested 75% of the money that I made there, and spent the rest :)

Today, my U.S. portfolio crossed somewhat of a landmark number - a return of over +30% since inception (15 months ago). In the same time period, the broad based S&P 500 was up around +13%.

Without the Scotiabank opportunity, all of this would have been impossible (or at least, delayed). Thanks again, Scotia!

3 comments:

Saira said...

Eeeeeeeee. Congrats!. :). I wish I wasnt so chicken and invested some stuff too. tsk tsk.

Anonymous said...

That's very cool. I gotta get some investing tips from you 'cause I've been thinking about investing too..just not sure where to start!

cchan said...

How did Calvin turn you into the man that you are today? I WANT TO KNOW!!! :P

 
Add to Technorati Favorites